New. And Improved. ZOOM H4N PRO Record cleaner, clearer, and closer than ever before.
Brilliant Four-Track Audio Recording for Music, Film, Podcasting, and Beyond
At Zoom we’re always developing new ideas to improve the performance and function of our Handy Recorders. With the H4n Pro, we've taken everything creators love about the H4n and brought it to the next level.
The H4n Pro isn't just improved, it's superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism.
Welcome to the new gold standard in field recording.
The Filmmaker's Favorite
The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
Unmatched In Concert
The Pro is perfect for capturing live performances. Capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL, it can record everything from ear-splitting heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM. Take a line-level* stereo feed from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones to put your listeners front row center.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
Podcasters and Journalists
The H4n Pro provides the essential combination of mic’ing versatility, portability, and superior audio necessary for impactful storytelling. With support for plug-in power, you can use a lavalier to mic up your subject for podcasts or interviews. Record time-stamped WAV files to sync with video footage in post-production, or embed superior audio directly on your video in real-time through a ⅛" stereo feed.
With overdubbing and punch-in features, as well as studio-grade instrument effects and emulators, you can create songs from start to finish. The Pro also functions as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac. Launch your favorite recording/editing software or use the included Cubase LE to start creating.
High-Performance Mic Preamps
The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
Use the optional RC4 remote to control the H4n Pro. The RC4 allows you to start and stop recording, fast forward and rewind through your files, switch the input source, and set recording/playback levels at a distance while eliminating handling noise.
Edit and Record Software Included
The H4n Pro comes with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software, representing a complete audio production toolkit. Create your own music utilizing the Pro’s USB audio interface function or expand your capabilities with Steinberg’s renowned audio software.
Currently shipping with:
Cubase LE8 for Mac OS X 10.9/10.10 and Windows 7/8/8.1
Wavelab LE9 for Mac OS X 10.10/10.11 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10
For information on license activation and upgrades, visit our Steinberg Software support page.
Features at a Glance
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
What's included with the H4n Pro:
- H4n Pro Handy Recorder
- Protective case
- 2 x AA batteries
- Operation manual
- Download license for Steinberg Cubase LE and WaveLab LE software
Optional H4nSP accessories:
- PCH-4n Protective Case
(compatible with both Zoom H4n and H4n Pro Handy Recorders)
- WSU-1 Universal hairy windscreen
- MA-2 mic clip adapter
- RC4 wired remote control
- HS-1 Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
- AD-14 AC adapter
H4n Pro Accessory Package (APH-4nPro)* includes:
- Hairy windscreen
- Splitter cable
- Attenuator cable
- USB cable
- AD-14 AC adapter
*H4n Pro Accessory Package sold separately
The world's most trusted, most reliable, most versatile, and most loved field recorder is now better than ever.
Learn about the new H4n Pro's top features, and hear samples of the new onboard stompbox, amp, and cabinet emulators.
|Number of simultaneous recording tracks:||
2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 2 (MTR mode)
|Number of simultaneous playback tracks:||
2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 4 (MTR mode)
|Recording time 4 GB (SDHC):||
Approx. 380 minutes (WAV 44.1 kHz / 16-bit stereo track)
|Maximum file size of simultaneous recording:||
Punch-in/out, Bounce, A-B repeat
Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
|Metronome sound sources:||
1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
40.0 - 250.0 BPM
24-bit × 128 oversampling
24-bit × 128 oversampling
SD card (16 MB – 2 GB), SDHC card (4 GB – 32 GB)
128 x 64 dots Full-dot backlit LCD
|DATA TYPE - WAV FORMAT (RECORD/PLAY)|
16- / 24-bit
44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
|DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (RECORDING)|
48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
|DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (PLAYBACK)|
32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
44.1 / 48 kHz
|Input  :||
XLR (balanced input) / standard phone (unbalanced input) combo jack
(Using balanced input) 3 kΩ or more, pin 2 hot
(Using balanced input) −16 dB to +43 dB
|Built-in stereo mic:||
Unidirectional condenser microphone
Mini stereo phone jack
LINE Output load impedance: 10 kΩ or more
400 mW 8 Ω
48V, 24V, OFF
USB 2.0 High Speed Mass Storage Class operation, Audio interface operation
DC 5V 1A AC from AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14), 2 x AA batteries
IEC R6 (size AA) x 2
|Continuous recording time:||
73 (W) × 157.2 (D) × 37 (H) mm
* 0 dBm = 0.755 Vrms